2013 commencement speakers announced

EPA, DreamWorks, State Department, Foreign Policy, Harvard and J.G. Wentworth leaders headline graduation ceremonies

UPDATE: April 11 at 12:58 p.m.

Leaders in government, academia and private business will speak at this year's AU commencement ceremonies.

SPA - EPA's Lisa P. Jackson

The former administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will speak at the School of Public Affairs Commencement ceremony. She will receive an honorary doctorate in public service.

SOC - DreamWorks's Darryl Frank

Frank, who received his bachelor's degree in SOC in 1991, will be given an honorary doctorate in humane letters. He is the co-president of DreamWorks Television and will speak at the School of Communication commencement.

SIS - Former Foreign Policy editor Moisés Naím

Naím is a senior associate in the International Economics Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and the former editor-in chief-of Foreign Policy. He will receive an honorary doctorate in International Affairs.

CAS - Harvard's Paul Farmer

Farmer is the chair of Harvard Medical School's Department of Global Health and Social Medicine.

He's also the co-founder of Partners in Health and has been honored as a Kolokotrones University professor.

Farmer will receive an honorary doctorate of science.

Kogod - J.G. Wentworth's Gary Veloric

AU alumnus Veloric is the founder of J.G. Wentworth. He also founded Red Stripe Plane Group, a family of companies focused on entertainment, music and technology.

Veloric graduated from Kogod in 1982 with a bachelor of arts and a bachelor of science. He will receive an honorary doctorate of laws.

WCL - State Department's Harold Hongju Koh

Koh, a former legal adviser to the U.S. State Department, will speak at the Washington College of Law's Commencement. He is now a Sterling Professor of International Law at Yale Law School.

He will receive an honorary doctorate of laws.

Schedule

SPA — Saturday, May 11 at 9 a.m.

SOC — Saturday, May 11 at 1 p.m.

SIS — Sunday, May 12 at 1 p.m.

CAS — Saturday, May 11 at 4:30 p.m.

Kogod — Sunday, May 12 at 9 a.m.

WCL — Sunday, May 19 at 1 p.m.

zcohen@theeagleonline.com