AU warns of possible temporary housing for Cassell, Nebraska residents

Housing and Dining Programs warned that students may receive temporary housing if Cassell and Nebraska Hall construction is not completed by move-in time in August.

Housing and Dining notified the students of the possibility in the Room Selection Guide. There was also a sign during housing selection.

“Housing and Dining Programs has contingency plans for all outcomes of construction,” Sasha Gamburg, assistant director of operations for assignments and dining programs, said. “Currently there are both on- and off-campus temporary housing solutions should construction not be completed before the start of fall 2013.”

Gamburg did not specify what types of solutions could be used.

There are no delays, even by snow, that will adversely affect housing for students next year at this point, AU Construction Manager Tony Esse said.

“Cassell Hall is on track to finish on time,” Esse said. “We’re on track for early August and we’re on schedule. There are no foreseeable obstacles that would delay us between now and the completion date. Nebraska Hall is on track for completion in August as well.”

Housing and Dining has housed students in temporary housing before, when lounges were turned into dormitories for overflow housing, The Eagle previously reported.