SG elections postponed, campaign rules change

Spring elections have been moved back to April 1 and April 2, following Student Government’s delayed passage of its spring election policy book on Feb. 24, according to an SG press release.

The spring elections were previously scheduled for March 25 through March 26 before the Senate sent the policy book to the SG Committee on Rules and Privileges, the Eagle previously reported.

Originally, the BOE proposal removed the leadership grant, which provides executive office candidates with up to $200 if they get 150 signatures, and the spending caps on candidates’ campaigns.

The new policy book reinstates both the leadership grant and the spending caps to make the election more fair, according to Class of 2013 Sen. Sarah McBride.

Student organizations can make endorsements for any candidate on their own but may still ask the BOE to facilitate the endorsement process, according to the new policy book. Originally, student organizations had to go through the BOE.

Information sessions to inform candidates of the new election policies will be held Feb. 27, March 4 and March 6. The nomination convention is now scheduled for March 20.