Rachel Maddow to speak in Bender April 21

Rachel Maddow author of Drift and host of MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show,” will speak at AU on April 21, according to her blog.

The event, sponsored by the Student Government Kennedy Political Union, will take place in Bender Arena 3 - 4 p.m., according to the blog.

The appearance will be part of a tour for the paperback release of her book, “Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power.”

"Drift" was initially released March 27, and has since made the New York Times No. 1 Bestseller list.

In the book, “Maddow examines how the country has lost control of its national-security policy,” according to a Kirkus book review.

Maddow plans to stop through Texas, California, Florida, Massachusetts, Illinois, Arizona, and Pennsylvania on her way to D.C.

“The Rachel Maddow Show” airs on MSNBC at 9 p.m. Eastern, Monday through Friday.

“We are not confirming anything at this point,” KPU Director Alex Kreger said, “but we love it when speakers are so excited to come to American University through Kennedy Political Union that they can’t wait to tell folks about it.”

Staff writer Zach C. Cohen contributed to this report.

sgaber@theeagleonline.com