Following technical hiccups, SG completes elections

After multiple technical errors, Student Government certified all of its elections Oct. 10 that started Oct. 4.

SG re-ran elections for Senate and class council positions Oct. 9 and 10 after the Oct. 3 voting was delayed by a technical error.

The School of Communication Senate election experienced technical difficulties with the voting system that day, so Speaker of the Senate Joe Wisniewski will appoint someone to the position.

The SG Board of Elections deemed the races for The Class of 2015 Senate, the 2016 class council and Senate, Kogod Senate, and SOC Senate all invalid on Oct. 4 because the Office of Information and Technology did not give students the proper access to the electronic ballot box on the AU student portal. The option to write in a candidate was also not available, according to Board of Elections Chair Chloé Profit.

Profit, a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences, said the ballot was set to go live on the AU student portal at 9 a.m. but it did not activate until 2 p.m.

The Board of Elections extended voting an extra three hours on Oct. 4 to make up for the missed time, according to Profit.

"The Board will now be working with the Head of Office of Information Technology in addition to Student Activities,” she said, “to make sure that this will not be a problem in future elections.”

Election results

Class of 2013 Senate Brad Korten: 30.1% Brett Atanasio 36.9% Eric Reath 32.8%

Class of 2014 Senate James Connors 46.8% Joe Wisniewski 53.1%

Class of 2015 Senate Pat Kelly 31.8% Kim Truong 29.5% Harry Adler 4.54% Thomas Hall 2.27%

Class of 2016 Senate Alexander Bradley 9.74% Molly Kepner 9.53% Cooper Nordquist 9.05% Glenn Holmes 7.60% Lucas Bejarano 7.04%

At Large Senate Alexander Hoffman 26.4% Kevin Levy 23.9% Travis Williamson 25.4% Lee Gochman 24.1%

SIS Senate Monica Murthy 100%

SPA Senate Amanda Sands 100%

CAS Senate Nolan Deming 100%

Kogod Senate Heidi Friedrich 89.7%

Class of 2016 President Lex Loro 43.7%

Class of 2016 Vice President Edgar Ortega 55.1%

Class of 2016 Secretary Megan Piccirillo 92.7%

Class of 2016 Treasurer Jack Stein 44.9%