UNFORGETTABLE — Cee Lo Green will serenade AU Jan. 14 in Bender Arena for the first concert of the spring semester. Green is well known for his recent hit, “Fuck You.”

Cee Lo Green of ‘Fuck You’ fame to perform in Bender Arena

R&B musician Cee Lo Green, famous for Gnarls Barkley and “Fuck You,” will perform Jan. 14 at 8:30 p.m. in Bender Arena.

AU students can get one free ticket with their AUID and may purchase one guest ticket for $5 at the Student Activities office.

The Student Union Board has about 1,000 tickets available, according to Karen Kong, deputy director of SUB.

Kong said that SUB selected Green as a guest because of his growing popularity.

“His song ‘Forget You’ is pretty big hit right now, and we think that he’d be a great presence on campus,” she said. “People know him from Outkast and Gnarls Barkley, so it would just be a great way to welcome students back in to the semester with a big name.”

The two openers are DJ Amitai and Money, Fame and Love.

The concert is being held in Bender Arena in order to accommodate more attendees, Kong said. Previous SUB shows with B.o.B, Super Mash Bros. and State Radio have been held in the Tavern.

“We wanted to do a bigger show for the spring welcome back semester,” she said. “So we thought Bender would change things up a bit.”

Bender’s doors will open at 8 p.m.

There will be merchandise available for purchase at the show.

llandau@theeagleonline.com