SG releases second quarterly financial report

Comptroller Ed Levandoski released the second quarterly report of the Student Government, outlining the expenses of the SG from Aug. 1 to Oct. 31 this semester.

Of all the Student Government Departments, the Office of the Vice President spent the most, totaling $183,745 through its programming events through the Kennedy Political Union, the Student Union Board and Special Programming Events Commission.

SUB, which spent $75,797.16, is responsible for organizing concerts and other events on campus for students to attend.

So far this year, SUB brought hip-hop artist B.O.B., the alternative band State Radio and electro-pop artists Super Mash Brothers to campus. Super Mash Brothers expenses are not on this report since the event occurred on the report cutoff, Levandoski said.

Due to contractual agreements, SUB and KPU cannot reveal how much speakers or artists charge individually, so the charges are lumped together “in order to promote as much transparency as possible,” Levandoski said.

SUB spent $47,000 on artist fees, while KPU spent $90,000 on speaker expenses.

KPU was responsible for bringing speakers such as Chris Matthews, Gloria Steinem, Rudy Giuliani, Van Jones and Jeff Zeleny to AU.

The president’s cabinet, which includes Women’s Initiative, the Student Advocacy Center and SG General spent $12,096.88 this quarter.

Women’s Initiative spent $8,138 during the past quarter. Events include the Breastival, a co-sponsorship with KPU to bring Steinem to campus and a consent workshop.

amooney@theeagleonline.com