Anthony Dunham elected RHA president

Anthony Dunham was elected president of the Residence Hall Association Thursday.

Dunham, a junior in the School of Public Affairs, will concurrently serve in his present capacity as director of the SG Board of Elections.

The president of the RHA works with the executive board and oversees the operations of the department, Dunham said.

He will work alongside the Executive Director of Housing and Dining Chris Moody, the Director of Residence Life Rick Treter, and the Vice President of Campus Life Gail Hanson, Dunham said.

Dunham wants to work towards a greater clarification on issues such as University jurisdiction in the University-sanctioned housing at the Berkshire Apartments.

The RHA will work this year to assure that Berkshire residents are aware of any policy changes and to give them the opportunity to have their voice heard in the RHA, Dunham said.

The RHA will also work to increase community spirit for those living in the residence halls, Dunham said.

“Promoting a real sense of community on campus is something the executive board cherishes and is working towards putting forth its best efforts to make sure programming is diverse and inclusive,” he said.

amooney@theeagleonline.com