SG Executives ready for coming year with new goals, initiatives

Profiles of Bronstein, Tagami, Levandoski and Hiebel

Nate Bronstein President

Nate Bronstein is a junior in the School of Public Affairs and the School of International Service and hopes to revive the Student Government with a renewed sense of community both among SG senators and between the SG and the rest of the student body.

Aside from Bronstein's work in the SG, the native Pennsylvanian is a Bald Eagle expert at the Philadelphia Zoo, where he volunteered there during his senior year of high school.

He dreams of using education and politics together to empower youth, and in 10 years he hopes that he "will be out of debt from AU, [will be] teaching in Philadelphia and will have successfully coordinated service resources in the region to connect youth and empower them to make a difference in the world."

Maia Tagami Vice President

Maia Tagami, a senior in SPA and the School of Communication and newcomer to the Student Government scene, is vice president for the SG. Tagami dreams of eventually lobbying for issues and policies in D.C. once she graduates.

Tagami is working for the students of AU by overseeing programming, special events, the Kennedy Political Union and the Student Union Board. Tagami is overseeing the planning of Welcome Weeks as her first major project as vice president.

"We are doing things differently than we have in the past, and it's coming together very nicely. It is looking to be one of the best Welcome Weeks yet, if I may say so myself," Tagami said.

Tagami dreams of being a rockstar (a la Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) and enjoys Trolli gummy worms and pineapple as her favorite snack.

Ed Levandoski Comptroller

When it gets down to the logistics and financial concerns of the SG, Ed Levandoski is your man.

Levandoski, a senior in SPA, will be serving as comptroller for this year's Student Government. He has been working over the summer preparing the AUTO and Bike Lending Programs for the coming year. As for his plans for the financial realm of SG, Levandoski plans to make the organization more fiscally transparent.

The comptroller also has an affinity for dinosaurs, particularly the Stegosaurus.

"All I know is that whatever job I take, I want to be able to make a difference in whatever field I am in," he says.

Kent Hiebel Secretary

Kent Hiebel will be serving as the SG's secretary. A sophomore in SPA and SOC, Hiebel is working hard to ensure the availability of the SG to the student body through developing the orientation magazine, "The American Companion," along with a revamped website and logo. His favorite class at AU was Writing for Mass Communication, and he hopes to eventually do legal work for a government organization in the future.

Hiebel encourages freshmen to get involved.

"AU and Washington, D.C. offer some amazing ways for you to do just about anything," Hiebel said.

amooney@theeagleonline.com