Police Blotter

Feb. 24

The Department of Public Safety responded to a report of an injured person in the sixth floor females’ bathroom in Leonard Hall and escorted her to the Student Health Center.

A smoke detector activated a fire alarm in the first floor staff lounge of Bender Library. Burnt toast was discovered in a toaster in a lounge. No smoke or fire was observed in the library.

A student’s wallet was taken from an exam room in the Health Center while the student was in a restroom across the hall.

Feb. 25

A resident reported prescription medication stolen from her room in Letts Hall.

An ambulance transported a sick student, accompanied by her roommate, from Mary Graydon Center to a local hospital.

A resident assistant in Centennial Hall followed the odor of marijuana to a room. Two occupants in the room advised the RA they had been smoking marijuana a few minutes earlier. The occupants gave a small bag of suspected marijuana and a pipe to a resident director. The RD gave the items to DPS. DPS tested the suspected marijuana. The results were positive.

Feb. 26

A student reported Japanese currency taken from her room in Centennial. The currency had been locked in a suitcase. The door to the room is sometimes left unlocked.

A window above a door in the Katzen Arts Center shattered as someone entered. Inclement weather is believed to be the cause. Aramark and Facilities Management were notified.

Feb. 28

DPS responded to McDowell Hall and met with the victim of an assault that occurred near the Tenley Campus shuttle stop. The victim had walked from an establishment to the Tenley shuttle stop near Congressional Hall to be picked up by friends to return to the main campus. Two friends arrived at 2:40 a.m. As the victim entered the vehicle, an unidentified suspect approached and called the victim a derogatory term. The victim exited the vehicle and walked toward the suspect. The suspect assaulted the victim. The friends put the victim back in the vehicle and drove to the main campus. The D.C. Fire Department and the Metropolitan Police Department responded. The victim signed a medical refusal form.

DPS responded to a report of a sick person in Letts. The individual signed a medical refusal form.

March 1

DCFD transported a sick person from the sixth floor of Centennial to a local hospital.

DCFD transported a sick person from the McDowell lobby to a local hospital.

DPS responded to a report of a trash can fire outside of the McKinley Building and extinguished a cup which was burning inside the can. There were no reports of damage to the trashcan.

DPS discovered a bottom panel of an exterior wall broken outside of the Katzen Arts Center. Tracks on the ground appeared to suggest some type of heavy equipment had been in the area.

March 2

A student placed his computer behind his chair in a classroom in the School of International Service building and later discovered it missing. No personal or sensitive information was stored on the laptop.