Sunday sports hot spots

NBC, ESPN and CBS not satisfying your sports cravings? Head to one of the many sports bars in the D.C. area that show more games than your eyes can watch.

Cleveland Park Bar and Grill

Serving authentic Italian food and American classics, Cleveland Park Bar and Grill considers itself a “sports bistro.” Less than a block from the Cleveland Park Metro stop, the restaurant’s rooftop deck offers a great view of the Cleveland Park neighborhood, weather permitting. The restaurant’s 27 televisions broadcast every sports package creating a family sporting atmosphere. Cleveland Park Bar and Grill is open from 5 p.m. until at least 2 a.m. on weekdays and from 11:30 a.m. until at least 2 a.m. on weekends. Find out about the sports bistro’s weekly specials online.

Armand’s

Conveniently located in Tenleytown, Armand’s Chicago Pizzeria offers a personalized sporting experience, promising to change any of their TVs to the game of your choice. Open 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, Armand’s provides immediate indoor and patio seating. This family restaurant has been in the neighborhood for thirty-seven years, evidence that they may actually serve the “greatest pizza in the city” and the best drink pricing on Wisconsin Avenue.

ESPN Zone

Located two blocks from Metro Center, ESPN Zone claims to offer the “ultimate sports viewing experience.” With over 100 HD televisions throughout the restaurant and booths with personal TV’s, missing the game is virtually impossible. During half time you can head to the “Sports Arena” to play the Zone’s collection of sports arcade games. The restaurant’s overall atmosphere attempts to justify its expensive American grill menu and slow service. To skip the common wait to be seated, join the ESPN Zone “MVP Club” online, where you can make reservations a few days ahead of time. Always with the sports fan in mind, ESPN Zone is open seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.

The Pour House

Three bars in one, The Pour House is known for its relaxed and fun atmosphere. The main floor of the building, the Pour House itself, hosts wall to wall sports paraphernalia and HD televisions. Located in Capitol Hill, the sports bar serves all American bar food at great prices. The bar is open until at least 2 a.m. everyday, admitting anyone 21 or order without at wait. Caution: the Pour House is home of Steelers Nation and the Florida Gators, so when either team is playing all TVs are turned to their game.

Greene Turtle

Tucked behind the Verizon Center in Chinatown, the Greene Turtle is located around the corner from Metro Center and is a convenient place to eat after a Capitols game. The sports bar is open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. everyday, serving large portions of American pub food until 11 p.m. The restaurants many TVs, including flat screens in every booth, allows many games to be viewed at once. Although the Green Turtle is a family restaurant, it is strict with carding after 8 p.m. Visit the restaurant’s events calendar online for their daily specials.

R.F.D.

Regional Food and Drink (R.F.D.) is home to D.C.’s largest selection of beer — 320 to be exact — and beers on tap. Located in Chinatown, the sports bar is open to people of all ages until 5 p.m., after which it solely admits 21-year-olds. Show up early to make sure you get to watch the game of your choice. R.F.D. opens at 11 a.m. everyday and closes at 2 a.m. on weekdays, and 3 a.m. on weekends. Their all-American pub food is not overpriced and much of it is cooked in one of the bar’s 320 beers. R.F.D. offers a fun, sports and beer-focused atmosphere that many feel overshadows its often large crowds.

You can reach this writer at sports@theeagleonline.com.