Police blotter

Wednesday, Sept. 16

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack in the Letts/Anderson quad. The bike had been secured to the rack with a bike lock.

The D.C. Fire Department transported a sick person to the hospital outside the School of International Service building.

A credit card was taken from the sports center and used fraudulently.

A wallet was taken from a secured locker inside the sports center.

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack outside Letts Hall. It had been secured with a combination lock.

The Department Public Safety responded to a fire alarm in Anderson Hall. The building was evacuated. A station on the Terrace level had been pulled. There were no signs of smoke or fire. The alarm was reset.

Letters were taken from a sign in the second floor hallway in the Katzen Arts Center. Five boxes of resource catalogues were taken.

Thursday, Sept. 17

DPS, Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Fire Department responded to a report of a sick person outside of the Student Health Center. DCFD transported the individual to the hospital.

A student was stuck in an Anderson elevator. The elevator started moving again and the student was released. No injuries were reported.

Friday, Sept. 18

DCFD responded and freed two students from a disabled elevator inside Centennial Hall. The elevator would move from floor to floor but the doors would not open. No injuries were reported.

DPS responded to a report of suspicious activity near a bicycle rack in the LA Quad. No one was in the vicinity upon DPS arrival. DPS found a cut lock at a bike rack. A bicycle was found in front of Ward Circle Building. DPS took custody of it for safekeeping.

Department of Defense police officers found a student lying on the grass near the Ward Circle Building at 10 p.m. The student appeared intoxicated, had vomited on himself, was belligerent, slurred his words and stated he had consumed alcoholic beverages. DCFD transported him to the hospital.

Saturday, Sept. 19

DPS responded to a report of a verbal altercation outside of a residence hall in the LA Quad.

DPS responded to a fire alarm in Capital Hall. Three students advised a front desk assistant a smoke detector activated while they cooked food in the 4th floor kitchen area. There were no signs of smoke or fire.

An unattended purse was taken while the complainant was attending a party at the 600 Block Keefer Place N.W. MPD was contacted.

Sunday, Sept. 20

A suspect grabbed a victim’s unsecured bag while the victim was jogging on the varsity track. MPD was contacted.

MPD requested DPS respond to identify an individual. The individual appeared to be slightly intoxicated. DPS identified the individual as a graduate student. MPD sent the student on his way without incident.

Monday, Sept. 21

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack outside Leonard Hall. The bike had been secured with a cable style combination lock.

A bicycle was taken from bike rack outside Hurst Hall. The bike had been secured to the rack with a cable padlock.