Police blotter

April 8

A community member reported a trash can had caught fire in the main quad. Public Safety extinguished the fire. The trash can was destroyed and Facilities Management was notified. No injuries were reported.

April 9

A suspected drug violation by several individuals occurred outside of the Constitution Building.

Letters from a sign in Mary Graydon Center were missing.

A student parked her bicycle at a bike rack in the School of International Service parking area. When she returned, she discovered her bike lock partially cut and no longer operable. The bike was still there.

A bicycle was taken outside of Letts Hall. It was secured to a bike rack.

April 10

Letters from a sign in MGC were taken.

A bicycle was taken from a bike rack outside of Congressional Hall. It was secured to the rack with a lock.

A wallet was taken from a purse that had been left unattended on a desk in an office in the Constitution Building. Later, fraudulent charges were made to the stolen cards.

Graffiti was discovered inside of Centennial Hall. The reporting person indicated he would contact Aramark to have it removed.

April 11

Public Safety observed a possible fight in the Woods-Brown Amphitheater via closed-circuit television. Officers responded and took a report from two students who said unidentified member(s) of a group struck them in the face and fled the scene.

A resident assistant found a student's scooter in a stairwell in Letts. The scooter was damaged. The victim indicated he last saw the scooter undamaged outside his room at 2 a.m.

April 12

A cab driver picked up a student off campus. While bringing the student to campus, the student began vomiting near the 4200 block of Nebraska Ave. N.W. Public Safety responded, and an ambulance transported the student to a hospital.

The D.C. Fire Department and Public Safety officers responded to an injured student in Anderson Hall. The student was transported to a hospital by taxi.

April 13

A resident director reported a drug violation and escorted Public Safety to a residence hall room. Officers took custody of the suspected drugs.

April 14

A student reported discovering a lock cylinder to a locked study room door in Anderson had been tampered with. Upon gaining entry into the room, damage throughout the room was discovered. The lock shop was notified to repair the lock.

An RA reported a suspected drug violation in a room in McDowell Hall. Suspected drugs and related paraphernalia were recovered from the room and given to Public Safety.