Campus calendar

Thursday, March 5 Recital: Spring Preview Noon WHERE: Battelle-Tompkins Atrium INFO: The Department of Performing Arts will present "The Atrium Series: Bringing Music to the People," this week featuring a recital by Adam Hansen. CONTACT: For more information, visit american.edu/cas/perarts.

Film: "Hot Zones" 12:30-1:30 p.m. WHERE: Bender Library, Media Classroom, Library Lower Level INFO: This film explains the link between environmental change and human health. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Chris Lewis at clewis@american.edu.

Twelfth Annual Hunsberger Lecture 3:30 p.m. WHERE: School of International Service Lounge INFO: Join the School of International Service for refreshments and a presentation on "The Primacy of Foreign Policy in Japan," given by Kenneth B. Pyle. CONTACT: For more information, please call Alex Mikulsky at x1603.

Friday, March 6 Skills Workshop: "Reducing Armed Conflict and Terrorism" 1-2 p.m. WHERE: Ward 205 INFO: The Peacebuilding and Development Institute will present a free workshop by practitioner and scholar Kai Brand-Jacobson on "Opportunities & Strategies for Reducing Armed Conflicts and Terrorism." CONTACT: For more information and to RSVP, e-mail shirak@american.edu.

Lecture: "Human Security in the Nation's Capital" 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. WHERE: SIS Lounge INFO: There will be four panels featuring different speakers. The first two panels are from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., and the second set is from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail the department of Comparative and Regional Studies at crs@american.edu.

Saturday, March 7 WPA 28th Annual Art Auction Gala 6 p.m.- midnight WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, AU Museum INFO: The Washington Project for the Arts will host its annual fundraiser with more than 400 artists, collectors, business leaders and contemporaries. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.wpadc.org/auction/auction09_main.html.

Sunday, March 8 Exhibit: "Kugach, Kugach, Kugach" 11 a.m-4 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, AU Museum INFO: Visit this exhibit featuring the paintings and works of three generations of Russian artists before it closes March 15. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail museum@american.edu.