The good, the bad, the one: enjoy dating, fall weather

I've talked a lot about putting yourself out there and not being afraid to make a move. But what about the people who are looking for something more than just a booty call? What about finding that special someone with whom you have an inexplicable bond? How in the world is it possible to go about finding your one true love?

Again, I'm only offering my two cents here, but you don't need to make every endeavor to find this deep emotional connection with a significant other. A ton of my friends have yet to experience any sort of meaningful long-term relationship because their expectations of that first date or first kiss are set so high.

Listen: real life is neither like the movies nor a book you've read or song you've heard. Every relationship you're in can't be picturesque and the quintessential romance. Which is why you date people and have these experiences: so that when you do find that person who - to be cliché - sweeps you off your feet and makes your knees weak, you appreciate it and know it.

Once I had someone tell me he had a standard of how he should feel once he met someone. This one time, when he was 16, he felt something for this girl he had never felt before. Only when that feeling was recreated would he know someone was meant for him. I proceeded to say that he was 16 and that sometimes fireworks don't happen instantly. You can't just dismiss a person or relationship if everything is fine except, oh, your breath hasn't been taken away yet. People can surprise you with their hidden quirks.

Life isn't just about physical pleasures; trust me, I know. Emotional connections are something for which you should strive. But you won't find that one percent who will sweep you off your feet if you don't give the other 99 percent a chance.

If you have found that one percent, sweep-you-off-your-feet, sparkle-in-your-eye and hop-in-your-step kind of love, I suggest spending as much time exploring D.C. and being outside in cute outdoor restaurants while the weather stays a little sunnier and a little warmer and having your love grow a little stronger.

Check out the Green Festival this weekend, Nov. 8 and 9. Green Festival, the world's largest sustainability event (according to its Web site), will have 125 guest speakers and 350 green businesses attending from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Now that this election is over, you're going to need a new issue to talk about with all of your friends and in every one of your classes. It might as well be going green!

After strolling around in the fresh air, take Metrorail over to Dupont Circle and sit amongst the trees at Firefly. If you're sticking to your under $35 mantra, sit down and share a delicious "picnic" meal full of Jonah crab dip ($12), cheddar and beer fondue ($14) and parmesan truffle fries ($9). The fries are to die for, so trust me and please get them.

Maybe you've just had a splendid night with your significant other and now you're starving, naturally. It's worth it to make the trek to Eastern Market to dine at Bread & Chocolate. Sit outside on a beautiful autumn day and get a Cuisine A-Go-Go, fluffy croissant with cheesy eggs and bacon ($8) or Chocolate Banana French Toast ($8). It's a wonderful atmosphere and perfect for a late night, late morning feast. Plus, you can head over to the market after and pick up $1 hot apple ciders!

There are only three weeks left until I reveal myself, so get your questions and comments in before the big splurge! E-mail me at Mia.Libido@gmail.com or drop your questions in the box outside of The Eagle office, MGC 252.