Campus calendar

Thursday, Nov. 13 Film: "Global Warming, the Signs and the Science" 12:30-1:30 p.m. WHERE: Bender Library, Media Classroom INFO: The latest documentary in the library's Green on the Screen series profiles people in the United States, Asia and South America who must deal with the consequences of climate change. CONTACT: For more information, call Chris Lewis at 202-885-3257.

Film: "Busted" 8:15-9:30 p.m. WHERE: Ward 2 INFO: The AU group Students for Sensible Drug Policy presents "Busted: A Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters," a video informing students how to manage run-ins with the police. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail au.ssdp@gmail.com.

Friday, Nov. 14 Dress for Success Fashion Show 7-9 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center INFO: AU's co-ed business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi, will host the second annual Dress for Success Professional Fashion Show. The event will include a silent auction for the designer clothes on the runway, a seminar about the importance of self-presentation and a presentation by the charity Dress for Success. Tickets will be available at the door. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail lauren.eady@gmail.com.

Saturday, Nov. 15 Gallery Talk with Jack Boul 4 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center INFO: Artist and AU alumnus Jack Boul will discuss his paintings, drawings and prints, which depict intimate scenes of everyday life. CONTACT: For more information, visit american.edu/museum/2008nov_boul.cfm.

Performance: "Uncommon Women" 8-9 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Studio Theatre INFO: The AU Players will perform "Uncommon Women," directed by Leeanna Goldstein-Rubin, the tale of eight college friends who struggle to define themselves during the 1970s. Tickets are $5 at the door. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail AUPlayers@gmail.com.

Sunday, Nov. 16 AU Symphony Orchestra and Chorus 3 p.m. WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall INFO: Enjoy the AU Symphony Orchestra's opening weekend and joint performance with the AU Chorus. To celebrate the 250th anniversary of Handel's death, the combined chorus and orchestra will conclude with performance of Handel's favorite oratorio, "Israel in Egypt." CONTACT: For more information and to buy tickets, visit american.tix.com.

Monday, Nov. 17 Roger W. Jones Award Ceremony 7 p.m. WHERE: Kay Spiritual Life Center INFO: President Neil Kerwin will present this executive leadership award to two federal career executives in the 31st annual awards ceremony. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail rogerjonesaward@american.edu.

Tuesday, Nov. 18 Exhibit: Louise Fishman Noon WHERE: Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall INFO: View the works of abstract expressionist Louise Fishman, who has presented work at galleries such as the Art Institute of Chicago and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.american.edu/cas/event_description.cfm?event=794.

JAMS Reform Forum on AU Transport Policy 7-8:30 p.m. WHERE: TBA INFO: Join the Student Advocacy Center in a discussion about the potential for a Good Samaritan Policy at AU. The panel will include Associate Dean of Students Sara Waldron and Rosie McSweeney, a JAMS representative. CONTACT: For more information, e-mail Emily Wheldon at emily.whelden@ausg.org.