Pie, zoo spark animal instincts

Warm up to fall with your sweetie

I find that a huge problem for people who come to college is whether or not to break up with your significant other from home. Since it's the fall semester, I also assume that a lot of freshmen are possibly encountering this situation. I suppose this is a touchy subject because every situation is obviously different, but I'd like to throw in my two cents.

I too came to school with a boyfriend and thought it was a good idea because I didn't think there was anyone here to chase after. I realize now that you may think there is no one, but that is no reason to stay with a person. I'd like to tell you now that if you are having doubts, be selfish and take this time for you to figure out what you are looking for, since there is really no better time to do so.

I have said throughout my column to not be afraid to be yourself, to show a more genuine side, to be honest and to be confident. Don't think that you need another person in your life to complete you and don't feel that you need someone to fill a void. So whether you're single or dating, D.C. is the place for young professionals. Get yourself out there, but not because you're dying to find Mr. or Ms. Right.

The "percentage increase in male sexual arousal after catching a whiff of doughnuts and, yes, pumpkin pie, is 40 percent," according to Men's Health Magazine.

Since we are approaching that time of the year, maybe you should try out some of these autumn treats with your sugar and see what happens!

What better way to test the statistic then bringing your date on a picnic? I've conjured up two different locations for a delightful picnic depending on the weather this weekend. As an add-on, the annual High Heel Drag Race in Dupont Circle happens Oct. 28 and is an event you don't want to miss.

Check out the new Kogod Courtyard in the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum. Oh yes, I said Kogod! It bears a striking resemblance to London's British Museum. Another extreme bonus of this fabulously chic courtyard is that you can bring your own food inside. They encourage people to bring their picnics into the courtyard and then check out the galleries after. I cannot think of a better place to have an indoor picnic!

The National Portrait Gallery has an exhibit called "RECOGNIZE!" that will close Sunday. "RECOGNIZE!" is hip-hop and contemporary portraiture of famous artists like Nas, Jurassic 5, Pharrell Williams, Erykah Badu and many more. I absolutely love the room with the poem by Nikki Giovanni and the one with the huge painting of LL Cool J.

In addition, the American Art Museum is showing an exhibit of Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams. So why should you check out this exhibit? O'Keeffe has a strong tendency to paint flowers that resemble vaginas. Pumpkin smells and vagina paintings; honestly, what could be better?

Another cute date that I've had numerous friends already go on is a trip to the National Zoo! It's completely free and who doesn't love the great cats or the cute pandas. I personally am in love with the seals. Every time I have gone there, they are by far the cutest and most active creatures at the zoo.

The zoo allows people to bring their own food in coolers and there are designated picnic areas throughout. Chat under a tree gazing at prairie dogs, while drinking hot apple cider and eating doughnuts - remember that 40 percent increase! If you opt to buy food there, they do have animal shaped chicken nuggets.

I hope the autumn season is treating you well and that you are able to enjoy this beautiful weather. Start cozying up to one another at night - the temperature drops like crazy!

Keep splurging because next week is sex. Hit me up at Mia.Libido@gmail.com or drop your questions outside of MGC 252. Much love!