Cutter dismisses SUB director

Student Government President Seth Cutter removed Student Union Board Director Amanda Mustafic from office Monday, SG Chief of Staff Amanda Fulton said in a press release today. Cutter decided to dismiss Mustafic because she had not met the job's requirements since taking over the position at the end of the spring semester, Fulton said in the press release. Fulton will lead the search for a new SUB director. Until the Undergraduate Senate confirms a permanent replacement, SG Vice President Andrew Woods and SUB member Andrew Addison will take over the organization's daily operations, according to the press release. Mustafic declined The Eagle's request for an interview, but said in an e-mail that she was unable to complete her duties due to a death in her family. "I wish whomever gets the new position the best of luck, and that I will be in SUB to provide as much assistance and manpower that I can during the fall," Mustafic said in the e-mail. The Eagle will update this news alert with additional information as it becomes available.

Posted July 18 at 5:51 p.m.