AU ranks at top of 'politically active' list

AU again ranks as the most politically involved school in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.

The Review, which released details about the 2009 edition of its "The Best 368 Colleges" guide Monday, ranked AU in sixth place on the "Most Politically Active Students" list in its 2008 edition, but previously ranked it as the top school on the list in its 2007 edition. George Washington University, which topped the political involvement list in the 2008 edition, now ranks in second place. Other D.C. area schools on the list include eighth-ranked George Mason University and No. 10-ranked Georgetown University, according to the Review's Web site.

AU made its first appearance on the publication's "Best Quality of Life" list, where it ranked No. 13. The university was the only local school included on this ranking list, according to the Web site.

The university dropped to fifth place on the "Great College Towns" ranking, behind third-ranked GWU but ahead of No. 10-ranked Georgetown. In the 2008 edition, AU was in fourth place on that list.

The school remains on the Review's "This is a Library?" rankings list, but dropped to No. 15 in this year's edition, ahead of No. 19-ranked Catholic University of America. Previously, AU had ranked No. 13 on that list.

The university also dropped down to No. 18 on the "Best Career/Job Placement Services" list, behind ninth-ranked University of Virginia. In the 2008 edition, AU ranked No. 13 in this category.

For additional information on the Review's rankings, go to cms.princetonreview.com/college-rankings.aspx.

Posted July 30 at 5:58 p.m.