Solo titles highlight track effort

Jamieson, Lilley win in 800m race

The AU men's and women's track teams picked up six individual wins over the weekend at the Centennial Track Meet on the campus of Mount St. Mary's University.

Four of the victories came from the men's squad. Junior Carlos Jamieson picked up a win in the 800-meter run, finishing the course with a time of 1:51.85 minutes. This was a new personal best for the runner, which put him eighth on AU's all-time track and field recowrd book and third in the Patriot League so far this season.

Freshmen Conor Sullivan and Kyle Gaffney each placed first in the 1500 and 3000-meter runs with times of 4:03.39 and 8:53.02 minutes respectively. Both victories were the first wins of the outdoor season for both freshmen.

The surprise of the meet was AU's first field victory of the season by junior Frank Borden, who joined the team late in the season. Borden, a member of the PL champion men's basketball team and a starter in the NCAA tournament game against Tennessee, set a new AU high jump record with a height of 1.95 meters. Borden also competed in the 400-meter hurdles and took second place with a time of 57.99 seconds.

Senior Kate Lilley and junior Meghan Mason took home wins in the 800-meter and 3000-meter runs respectively. Lilley, who finished the race with a time of 2:19.73 minutes, claimed her third win of the season. Previously, she took the 1500-meter title at the Bison Outdoor Classic and the 3000-meter crown in the season opening meet.

Mason claimed her first outdoor victory of the season and finished in a time of 10:44.21 minutes.

The men's and women's teams will head to Philadelphia this week to compete in the Penn Relays at the University of Pennsylvania. The event will begin Tuesday and end Saturday.