'Bachelor Party 2' too raunchy

'The Last Temptation' fails to satisfy lustful audiences

GRADE: F

Sometimes, stupidity is its own reward. A film can often be so asinine and mindless that it actually manages to be funny and enjoyable. Sometimes, however, stupidity is just stupid, mindless and grating on every nerve cluster in the eyes, ears and mind. "Bachelor Party 2: The Last Temptation," an offensive and raunchy straight-to-DVD release, falls into the latter category by conjuring not laughs of joy, but sighs of boredom.

What little "Bachelor Party" offers in the way of plot is the engagement of Ron and Melinda (played by Josh Cook and Sarah Foster, respectively) and the subsequent jealousy of Melinda's soon-to-be brother-in-law Todd (played by Warren Christie). Fearful of losing his place as No. 2 at the company that Melinda's father runs, Todd sets out to sabotage his sister-in-law's relationship by throwing Ron an exclusive bachelor party. There, Todd hopes to catch Ron in a position compromising enough to end Ron's relationship with Melinda.

What follows is an 80-minute attempt at humor, which is little more than a painful, raunchy experience that consists of half-hearted alcohol gags and completely pointless nudity. Every gag is neither well-conceived nor well-executed, but rather a reminder of why some people really shouldn't tell jokes. Sexual exposure, pornographic dancing, alcoholic misconduct and the woes of married life are, of course, the natural recourse for laughs in this kind of film, but all are the sort of gags we have seen a million times before.

"The Last Temptation" is simply not worth the energy it takes to keep your eyes open for its entire running length. The performances are dull, and the script is atrocious. It would seem likely that much or all of it was conceived in a drunken stupor when these kinds of things actually sound funny, but then again, there are some stupors that are more entertaining than "The Last Temptation."

Even the most basic, animalistic needs of male viewers are left unsatisfied. The film portrays sex as an act that exists somewhere between banging your head against a wall and listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away as possible. But if you're looking for pointless and painful sex, alcohol and the occasional and mild laugh, check out "Bachelor Party 2: The Last Temptation"