Police blotter

Thursday, Nov. 29

A parent reported that his son had fallen in Hughes Hall and did not seek medical attention. Officers made contact with the student, who again refused to seek medical attention.

A staff member reported that a student outside Anderson Hall was trying to dismantle a boot placed on his car. Charges will be filed against the student through Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services.

A student reported other students were fighting on the second floor of Mary Graydon Center. An investigation is currently being conducted into the incident.

Friday, Nov. 30

A Campus Store employee contacted Public Safety to report a shoplifter. Officers responded and made contact with the employee, but the shoplifter had already fled the store.

Saturday, Dec. 1

As a Public Safety officer drove by an illegally parked vehicle on the roadway in front of the Beeghley Chemistry Building, the officer heard a pejorative statement coming from the vehicle's public address system. The statement was being directed at the officer. The case will be referred to JAMS.

Sunday, Dec. 2

A student reported that another student was intoxicated and fell after exiting an AU shuttle outside the Katzen Arts Center. The D.C. Fire Department responded to the scene and the student was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Two students reported money was missing from their room. Several people were visiting the students the previous day, and they noticed the money was missing later.

Monday, Dec. 3

A student reported a laptop was stolen from a floor lounge in Letts after being left unattended.

A student contacted Public Safety to report a stray dog was running loose in front of Katzen. Officers responded and contacted Animal Control, but another student took custody of the dog.

A student reported her car had been damaged after an AU parking sign in the parking lot near Bender Library fell on it.

A resident assistant called Public Safety to report students were smoking an illegal substance in their Anderson Hall dorm room. Officers responded and made contact with the students. The RA also responded and recovered a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Tuesday, Dec. 4

While on routine patrol, a Public Safety officer noticed graffiti inside an elevator in the Butler Pavilion. Aramark was contacted to clean the area.

An AU staff member reported observing broken glass from a fire extinguisher cover on the sixth floor of Butler Pavilion. Aramark was contacted to clean the area.

While on routine patrol, a Public Safety officer observed a hole in a wall near the Catering Department. Facilities Management was notified about the damage.

A visitor reported her wallet was stolen from an unsecured locker in a locker room in Bender Arena.