Metro Calendar

Monday, Sept. 17

Film - "The Power of Forgiveness" 7:30 p.m. WHERE: Washington District of Columbia Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th St. N.W. METRO: Dupont Circle (red line) INFO: This documentary explores the role of forgiveness in various faiths and the behavioral science behind the action. An interview with Nobel Peace Laureate Elie Wiesel is included. Admission is $9 for students. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-777-3248.

Panel Discussion - Unfinished Business: Racial Equality in American History 7 p.m. WHERE: William G. McGowan Theater, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, Constitution Avenue between Seventh and Ninth streets METRO: Archives-Navy Memorial (yellow and green lines) INFO: A panel will discuss the social and political factors that have influenced the process of racial progress and how law and court decisions contributed to American equality. The event is free. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-501-5000.

Tuesday, Sept. 18

Bethesda Contemporary Art Awards Noon-6 p.m. WHERE: Creative Partners Gallery, 4600 East-West Highway METRO: Bethesda (red line) INFO: View show winner Jo Smail's work and other paintings, photography and sculpture. The event runs through Sept. 28 and is open Tuesday through Saturday. The event is free. CONTACT: For more information, call 301-951-9441.

Wednesday, Sept. 19

Alan Greenspan 7 p.m. WHERE: George Washington University Lisner Auditorium, 730 21st St. N.W. METRO: Foggy Bottom-GWU (blue and orange lines) INFO: Greenspan shares thoughts on his public life and international issues, including globalization. Admission is $15. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-364-1919.

Sonic Circuits Festival of Experimental Music Films 6 p.m. WHERE: Goethe-Institut, 812 Seventh St. N.W. METRO: Gallery Place-Chinatown (green, red and yellow lines) INFO: Films presented feature principles of field recordings, found materials and granular synthesis. Featured films include "By Grace," "Energie!," "The End of the Light Age," "Degradation #1, X-Ray: Shroud of Security" and "Degradation #2, X-Ray: Government Radiation." Admission is $5. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.dc-soniccircuits.org.

Thursday, Sept. 20

DC Grooves Presents Little Richard 7 p.m.-9 p.m. WHERE: Woodrow Wilson Plaza at the Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. METRO: Metro Center (blue, orange and red lines) INFO: The celebrated singer of "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly Miss Molly" rocks the last DC Grooves concert presented by the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities. Admission is free. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-724-5613.

Dave Barry 7 p.m. WHERE: Politics and Prose, 5015 Connecticut Ave. N.W. METRO: Van Ness-UDC (red line) INFO: The award-winning humorist shares his latest book, "Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Far)." CONTACT: For more information, call 202-364-1919.

Friday, Sept. 21

Exhibition: WACK! Art and the Feminist Revolution 10 a.m.-5 p.m. WHERE: National Museum of Women and the Arts, 1250 New York Ave. N.W. METRO: Metro Center (blue, orange and red lines) INFO: View art impacting the post-war feminist movement from 1965 to 1980. Artists from the U.S., Canada, Australia, India, China and other countries are featured in this exhibit, which runs through Dec. 16. Admission is $8 for students. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.nmwa.org.

Saturday, Sept. 22

Miss India D.C. Pageant 6:30 p.m. WHERE: Betts Marvin Theater, George Washington University, 800 21st St. N.W. METRO: Foggy Bottom-GWU (blue and orange lines) INFO: Contestants will compete in Indian dress, evening wear and talent. The winner moves on to the national pageant in New York. Admission is $20. CONTACT: For more information, call 301-212-9233.

Adams Morgan Western Market Noon to dusk WHERE: 18th and Wyoming streets N.W. on the Marie Reed School Plaza METRO: Dupont Circle or Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan (red line) INFO: Area artisans sell paintings, glassware, handbags, clothes and other merchandise in this weekly outdoor market. There is no admission fee. CONTACT: For more information, visit www.dcwesternmarket.com.

Sunday, Sept. 23

Humane Society Walk for the Animals 1 p.m. WHERE: The National Mall METRO: Smithsonian (blue and orange lines) INFO: The event includes appearances by dog life coach Tamar Geller, McGruff the Crime Dog and Jelly the publicity hound. Registration is $20 for individuals, and all proceeds benefit the Humane Society. CONTACT: For more information, call 202-723-5730.