Campus calendar

Thursday, March 29

"Elsewhere in Elsinore" Through March 31 8 p.m. Katzen Arts Center, Studio Theatre What are the women of Elsinore Castle doing while Hamlet plots revenge? "Elsewhere in Elsinore," a new verse play by Caleen Sinnette Jennings, explores the motives Ophelia and Gertrude and introduces the audience to other important inhabitants of the castle. Tickets cost $5 to $15. For more information, contact (202) 885-1300.

Friday, March 30

"Beaucoup Sudoku: The Sudoku Mystique" 9:30 p.m. Ward 2 The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Arts and Sciences, presents Laura Taalman, one of the leading authorities on the mathematics of Sudoku. For more information, contact Linda Greene at (202) 885-3137.

Saturday, March 31

Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company 8 p.m. Greenberg Theatre Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company will kick off the season with its annual spring show at AU, featuring the company premiere of choreographer Anna Sokolow's "Kaddish" and Daniel Phoenix Singh's "Walk a While With Me, Ghosts and Lullaby." Tickets cost $22.50 to $75. For more information, contact the box office at (202) 885-2587.

La Noche Caliente: A Hot Night for Jazz Through April 1 8 p.m. Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall Concert features the AU Jazz Ensemble and George Washington University's Latin Jazz Ensemble. William Smith and Alejandro Lucini will direct the concert, which will feature music from Latin jazz greats, including Antonio Carlos Jobim and Mario Bauza. Tickets cost $5 to $15. For more information, contact (202) 885-1300.

Tuesday, April 3

"Life After Loss: Dealing with Grief" 2:10-3:25 p.m. Mary Graydon Center, room 203. Workshop is part of the Counseling Center's "Be Your Best" series. For more information, contact (202) 885-3500.

"Tales from the Trenches" 7 p.m. Wechsler Theatre David Hamlin, National Geographic senior producer, will recount filming a crashing avalanche, creeping reptiles, impish chimps and some of the oldest and tiniest humans on earth. It is sponsored by the Center for Environmental Filmmaking and Filmmakers for Conservation. For more information, contact Chris Palmer at (202) 885-3408.

Wednesday, April 4

"Middle East Panel for Peace" 7-9 p.m. Butler Board Room A comprehensive panel discussion representing Israel, Palestine and Lebanon will explore fostering peace in the region through discussion and understanding. For more information, contact the Society of Peace and Conflict Resolution at spcr@american.edu.