Metro calendar

Tuesday, Feb. 13

"Edward Scissorhands" Feb. 13-16, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17-18, 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. N.W. Metro: Foggy Bottom-GWU (blue and orange lines) Director and choreographer Matthew Bourne, known for his long-running production of "Swan Lake," brings Tim Burton's dark fairy tale of "Edward Scissorhands" to the stage. Tickets cost $29 to $84. For more information, visit www.kennedy-center.org or call (202) 467-4600.

Wednesday, Feb. 14

Felicia Carter and the Chris Grasso Trio 8:30 and 10 p.m. Twins Jazz Club, 1344 U St. N.W. Metro: U Street/African-American Civil War Memorial-Cardozo (green line) This Valentine's Day, listen to jazz singer Felicia Carter and the Chris Grasso Trio perform live at the Twins Jazz Club. This Baltimore singer's melodic, husky drawl is reminiscent of Billie Holiday. Tickets cost $15. For more information, visit www.twinsjazz.com or call (202) 234-0072.

Valentine's Day Rock-N-Roll Dance Party 9 p.m. Black Cat, 1811 14th St. N.W. Metro: U Street/African-American Civil War Memorial-Cardozo (green line) Listen and dance to 1950s and 1960s rock 'n' roll, blues, doo-wop and R&B from DJ Glenn and Handsome B. Wonderful at the Black Cat. The event is free and open to the public. For more information visit www.blackcatdc.com.

Saturday, Feb. 17

Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra 8:30 p.m. George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Va. Metro: Vienna/Fairfax-GMU (orange line) The Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra returns to the stage with "Swingin' with the Met," a tribute to the swing bands of the big band era. Tickets cost $19 to $38. For more information, call (888) 945-2468.

Sunday, Feb. 18

Chinese New Year's Parade 2-5 p.m. Sixth and H streets N.W. Metro: Gallery Place-Chinatown (red, yellow and green lines) Celebrate the upcoming new Chinese Year of the Boar with Chinatown's New Year's Parade. Marching bands, lion and dragon dancers and clowns are among the many performers. A highlight of the event is a five-story high firecracker that will be lit. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (202) 508-5438.