Worst Movies of 2006

Every year, the Academy honors the best of the year in film. But every year, the worst movies of the year are swept up and thrown into the pile of proverbial Hollywood junk. Unless those lucky few are seen by the eyes of the folks over at the Razzie awards. Every year, the Razzies honor the worst in film, and in true fashion the nominees for these very special awards come on the heels of Oscar nominee announcements (actually, they took place this morning). Here, we offer a selection of the worst movies of 2006:

"Perception" Piper Perabo, what have you done? Educated moviegoers have no idea what it's about, but it is considered the worst reviewed movie of 2006, according to Metacritic.com.

"Date Movie" Making fun of genres of movies by making fun of your own movie in the course of an hour and 30 minutes does not make something hilarious. LOL'ing never felt so far away.

"BloodRayne" The New York Post called this movie "semi-coherent." Bad, Kristanna Loken, bad. And that means really bad. Never misspell a word like that again, either.

"National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj" Get a real job, Kal Penn. Not even dumb funny like "Harold and Kumar."

"Black Christmas"/"Turistas" Oh wait, these are two different movies? The average audience couldn't tell because they were a) bad and b) had pretty much the same played-out horror movie plot line.

"Doogal" Just because it's animated doesn't make it funny. Weinstein brothers, where is the creativity anymore?

-ANDREW GARDNER