Metro calendar

Tuesday, Oct. 10

Eric Clapton's World Tour 7:30 p.m. Verizon Center, 601 F St. N.W. Metro: Gallery Place-Chinatown (red, green and yellow lines)

See Eric Clapton perform his famous rock 'n' roll classics live at the Verizon Center. The Robert Cray Band will open. Tickets cost between $40 and $125.

For more ticket information, visit www.verizoncenter.com.

Thursday, Oct. 12

Penn Quarter FreshFarm Market 3-7 p.m. North end of Eighth Street N.W., between D and E streets N.W. Metro: Gallery Place-Chinatown (red, green and yellow lines)

The Penn Quarter FreshFarm Market is located in the bustling east end neighborhood of downtown D.C., full of shops and restaurants. The market features 15 farmers selling fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, cheeses and meats as well as fresh cut flowers, plants and soaps.

For more information, visit www.localharvest.org/farmers-markets/M6387.

Saturday, Oct. 14

Taste of Georgetown Festival 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Wisconsin Avenue between M and South streets and at the Grace Episcopal Church at 1041 Wisconsin Ave. N.W. Metro: Foggy Bottom-GWU (blue and orange lines)

The 13th annual Taste of Georgetown Festival will feature over 25 of Georgetown's best restaurants. There will also be a wine tasting as well as three different jazz and blues bands sponsored by Blues Alley. The event is free to the public. Food costs $5 per tasting or $20 for five tastings. All wine is complementary with food purchases. Several of the participating restaurants include Clyde's of Georgetown, Paolo's Restaurant, J.Pauls, Chadwick's, Seasons at the Four Seasons and Mie N Yu. The festival proceeds go toward providing homeless outreach help through the Georgetown Ministry Center.

For more information, visit www.tasteofgeorgetown.com.

Bethesda Artist Market 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Bethesda Place Plaza, corner of Old Georgetown Road and Woodmont Avenue Metro: Bethesda (red line)

Over 30 local and regional artists will display their varying arts and crafts, including hand-made jewelry, painting, photography, pottery, blown glass, fiber, turned wood and more. Admission is free and open to public.

For more information, visit www.bethesda.org/arts/artistmarket.htm.

Second Saturday on Capitol Hill 4-9 p.m. Capitol Hill Metro: Capitol South (blue and orange lines)

During Second Saturday on Capitol Hill, bookstores, galleries, shops, caf?s and more stores in the Capitol Hill neighborhood offer art openings, discounts, food and drinks, live music and recitals. This Saturday, the shops and restaurants participating include Capitol Hill Books, Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, Hoopla Trades, Riverby Books and Marty's Restaurant. Admission is free and open to the public.

For more information, call the Capitol Hill Association of Merchants and Professionals at (202) 547-7788.