Eagle sports this weekend: What to watch for

Field Hockey (8-4 overall, 1-0 Patriot League, tied for first place): 10/7 vs. Bucknell

Coming off a 1-0 loss at Albany last weekend, the AU field hockey team will return home for its second PL game of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. AU hasn't been as dominant as they were the past two seasons, losing four games to non-conference opponents already this year, including a 4-3 loss to Richmond at home two weekends ago. However, the Eagles hope to keep feasting on PL opponents, as they are 23-0 in league play since the beginning of the 2003 season, including three straight PL Championships.

Women's Volleyball (11-6, 4-0 PL, first): 10/5 vs. Navy; 10/6 vs. Maryland Eastern Shore

The volleyball team will look to extend its five-game winning streak this weekend with two home games at Bender Arena. First is a match-up against PL rival Navy (7-10, 2-2 PL). AU jumped into first place on Saturday after handing Army its first PL loss of the year, and will look to keep that momentum going against the Midshipmen. On Friday AU will take on Maryland Eastern Shore (9-9, 3-1 MEAC). The Hawks have rebounded from a seven-game losing streak earlier this season to even their record, and will come into Bender Arena looking to pull off the upset.

Women's Soccer (6-4-1, 0-1-0 PL, seventh): 10/6 at Holy Cross; 10/8 at Army

After a 2-0 loss last Saturday at Navy, the women's soccer team will look to rebound this weekend in two important PL games. Army and Holy Cross are both tied for fourth place in the league, playing to a 1-1 draw last Friday. With seven PL games on the schedule between Thursday and Sunday, the teams will begin to separate in the standings, and the Eagles can't afford to fall too far behind.

Men's Soccer (3-7-2, 0-1-1 PL, sixth): 10/7 vs. Holy Cross

The men's soccer team will look to get its offense back on track at home this weekend. The Eagles have scored just one goal in the last four games, an own goal against No. 5 Virginia on Sept. 27. Although the soccer team sits in sixth place, the Holy Cross game will give AU a chance to leapfrog the Crusaders going into next weekend's pivotal match-up at second place Colgate. The top four teams will make the PL Championship Tournament next month.