Unclear lawsuit forces Vamoose bus out of Tenleytown station

Competitor sues D.C. to NYC bus line

AU students won't be able to vamoose from the Tenleytown shuttle stop any time soon.

The Washington Deluxe bus line that provides services to and from D.C. and New York filed an injunction against the Vamoose bus line many AU students use to go home or to visit New York City on weekends, according to The Washington Post.

According to Vamoose's Web site, the bus will not pick up from Tenleytown until further notice. The site also states that the company is "not affiliated in any way with Washington Deluxe Bus Company."

Betty, a Washington Deluxe employee who wasn't willing to give her last name, said the line has a bus leaving Tenleytown every morning, and there will be more serving the area.

"I hope your students will be happy [with us] and use our service," she said.

Max Rollinger, a sophomore in the School of Communication and the School of International Service, said he was originally taking Vamoose to New York this weekend for the U.S. Open but is now taking Washington Deluxe. His round trip will cost $35 with Washington Deluxe, the same price he said he would have paid Vamoose.

"It would only be a big deal to me if a different bus company didn't pick up the route from Tenleytown," Rollinger said.

Washington Deluxe's Web site advertised the one-way price as $20 and the round-trip price as $35 as of press time. Vamoose's site advertised $25 each way, with a free round trip for every 10 bus receipts.

Vamoose is currently picking up one block from the Bethesda and Rosslyn Metro stations, according to the Web site.

Camille Koue, a junior in SOC, is also going to New York for the U.S. Open. However, she is still taking Vamoose from Bethesda with her friend.

"It's inconvenient, definitely," she said.

Her friend booked the tickets online and received an e-mail from Vamoose about the lawsuit and pick-up location changes, Koue said. A friend will drive them to Bethesda so they can catch the bus, she said.

"I'm loyal to them; I hope they come back," she said.