Metro calendar

Thursday, April 27

Danish Ambassador Lecture 9:15 a.m., SIS Lounge Ambassador Friis Arne Peterson of the Danish embassy in Washington will speak about Danish foreign policy and transatlantic relations. Sponsored by the SIS dean's office. Contact sisdeansoffice@american.edu for more information.

International Communication Student Forum Graduate Research Colloquium 3-6 p.m., Hughes Formal Lounge This event will highlight second-year international communication master's students and their thesis research. Contact (202) 885-1600 for more information.

"Lessons From NAFTA: Part II Trade in the Americas" 5-7 p.m., WCL, room 603 Speakers include Robert Devlin, regional advisor, UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean and Don MacKay, director, Washington Office, Centre for Trade Policy and Law. Contact (202) 274-4075 for more information.

OneWorld's Panel on Darfur 7-8:30 p.m., SIS Lounge AU's OneWorld Club, Darfur Action, AU Hillel and the Jewish Student Association will present a panel discussion as part of the Genocide Week of Action. The event features representatives from the National Endowment for Democracy, Citizens for Global Solutions and the Sudan Human Rights Organization. For more information on the Genocide Week of Action, contact Eva Fowler at eva.fowler@american.edu or (202) 885-8523 for more information.

SHAPE: Carmen Group's Policy Forum 8:15 p.m., Ward 2 The forum, "Potential for Division: The Stem Cell Debate," features Lynne Arneson, AU biology professor; Josephine Johnston, associate for ethics, law and society, Hastings Center; and Baldwin Wong, chief, Science Policy and Planning Branch, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communications Disorders, NIH. Judy Bonderman of the Washington Semester Program will moderate. Contact (202) 885-6290 for more information.

Friday, April 28

Humphrey Fellowship Program Certificate Ceremony 3-4 p.m., WCL This event celebrates the Humphrey Fellows' accomplishments during their program. Speakers include a representative from the Department of State and the Institute of International Education, two Humphrey Fellows and WCL professor Danny Bradlow. Contact (202) 274-4075 for more information.

Senior Capstone Performances Through April 30 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center, Studio Theatre This event, directed by Cara Gabriel, showcases the work of senior theater and music theater students. There is a suggested donation of $5 at the door. Contact (202) 885-3420 for more information.

AU Chorus and Symphony Orchestra Concert Through April 30 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center, Abramson Family Recital Hall Conducted by Daniel Abraham and Jesus Manuel Berard, the concert will feature pieces by Mendelssohn. In addition, the concert will include a selection featuring the winner of the 2006 American University Concerto and Aria Competition. Tickets are $5-$16. Contact (202) 885-3420 for more information.

Monday, May 1

Dance Informal Showing 5 p.m., Greenberg Theatre Enjoy an informal performance from the dance program's dynamic students. Contact (202) 885-3420 for more information.