Metro calendar

Tuesday, April 24

Youth Playwrights' Theater: 2006 Youth or Dare Tour 6:00 p.m. John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Metro: Foggy Bottom/GWU (Orange and Blue lines) Free shuttles to the Kennedy Center are available and depart every 15 minutes from 9:45 a.m. until midnight Admission: Free

Youth Playwrights' Theater's 2006 Youth or Dare Tour presents plays written by local D.C. area youth and performed by some of D.C.'s most well-known directors and young actors. For more information, contact (202) 387-9173.

Thursday, April 27

Blue Gold: Defending Water Rights from the Great Lakes to Ghana 6:30 - 8 p.m. All Souls Church, 1500 Harvard St, N.W. Metro: Columbia Heights (Green line) Admission: Free

A panel discussion about water rights with three experts - Maude Barlow, chair of the Council of Canadians and bestselling co-author of "Blue Gold: The Fight to Stop Corporate Theft of the World's Water"; Rudolf Amenga-Etego, founder of Ghana's Coalition Against the Privatization of Water and winner of the 2004 Goldman environmental prize; and Wenonah Hauter, executive director of the nonprofit consumer group Food & Water Watch. For more information, contact water@fwwatch.org or (202)797-6550.

Friday, April 28

Georgetown's Annual Open-Air French Market 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., between O and R streets Metro: Foggy Bottom/GWU (Orange and Blue lines) Admission: Free

Over 25 of Georgetown's merchants will sell designer clothing and footwear, fine artwork and antiques, and exquisite French foods and desserts. Select items will be discounted from 10 to 70 percent off.

Jammin' at the Lincoln 7:30 p.m. Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U Street, N.W. Metro: U Street-Cardozo (Green line) Admission: Free

Celebrate the 106th birthday of D.C. native Duke Ellington with some of D.C.'s expert jazz musicians and singers. The event features special guests Jam On All-Stars, Jackie Hairston, La Leyenda and Afro Blue. For more information, contact (202) 328-9177.

Sunday, April 30

Save Darfur: Rally to Stop Genocide Crowd assembly 1:30 - 2 p.m.; program 2 - 4:30 p.m. National Mall Metro: Federal Center SW (Orange and Blue Lines)

This rally is part of the "Million Voices for Darfur" campaign to collect one million post cards to send to President Bush to push for more aid from the UN and NATO to protect the people in Darfur, Sudan. The rally is also the final stop of the "Tour for Darfur: Eyewitness to Genocide" which is a 21,000 mile photo exhibit and speaking tour of 22 cities in 11 states to raise awareness about the ongoing genocide in Darfur. For more information, contact rally director Chuck Thies at (202) 478-6148 or visit savedarfur.org.