Metro calendar

Monday, Feb. 20

George Washington Birthday Parade 1-3 p.m. King and Royal Streets, Alexandria, VA (Old Town Alexandria) 703-991-4474 Take the Metro to King Street (Blue and Yellow Lines) Admission: Free

Old Town Alexandria will celebrate George Washington's birthday with a parade featuring more than 100 marching bands, equestrian groups, military units and reenactment units, with Earl Lloyd, the first Afican American to play in the NBA, as the parade's Grand Marshall.

Wednesday, Feb. 22

Lucky Bar Fundraiser 6-9 p.m. 1221 Connecticut Ave. NW (Lucky Bar) 202-331-3733 Take the Metro to Dupont Circle (Red Line) Admission: $5 suggested donation

Lucky Bar will host a fundraiser featuring half-priced burgers, $3 Yuengling pitchers and cocktail specials for the Ubumi Project, an NGO in Zambia that cares for children orphaned by AIDS.

Celebrating Tai Shan, the Giant Panda Cub 6:30 p.m. 10th Street and Constitution Avenue (Baird Auditorium) 202-252-0012 Take the Metro to Federal Triangle (Blue and Orange Lines) Tickets: $10

The National Zoo's assistant curator and senior scientist will give an illustrated lecture about Tai Shan, and the giant panda cub, and his birth.

Wednesday-Thursday, Feb. 22-23

Second City 8 p.m. 1635 Trap Rd., Vienna, Va. (Wolf Trap - The Barns) 703-218-6500 Tickets: $20

Second City, a renowned Chicago comedy troupe that has produced comedians such as Bill Murray, Mike Myers, and Gilda Radner, will put on two shows featuring skits and satire.