Metro Calendar

Tuesday, Dec. 6

U.S. Army Blues 6 p.m. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts - Millennium Stage 2700 F St., NW Metro: Foggy Bottom-GWU (Blue and Orange lines) The Army's big band plays free Christmas carols. For more information, call 1-800-444-1324 Admission: Free

Wednesday, Dec. 7

Barbara Ehrenreich 12:30 p.m. Library of Congress 10 First St., SE Metro: Capitol South (Blue and Orange lines)

Author and investigative journalist Barbara Ehrenreich, best known for her book, "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America," will discuss the latest book she co-edited, "Global Woman: Nannies, Maids and Sex Workers in the New Economy." For more information, call 202-707-1212 Admission: Free

Daughters of the American Revolution Open House 5:30-8 p.m. D.A.R. Constitution Hall 1776 D St., NW

The Daughters of the American Revolution invite you to an open house at their historic home for free hot chocolate, cookies and Christmas music. For more information, call 202-572-0563 Admission: Free

The Birmingham Sunlights 6 p.m. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts - Millennium Stage 2700 F St., NW Metro: Foggy Bottom-GWU (Blue and Orange lines)

Well-known gospel quartet performs as part of the Kennedy Center's Gospel Celebration series. For more information, call 202-467-4600 Admission: Free

Thursday, Dec. 8

Jingle in the Jungle 6-9 p.m. National Zoological Park - Smithsonian Institution 3001 Connecticut Ave., NW Metro: Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan (Red Line)

The National Zoo welcomes in the holiday season with festive music, drinks and hors d'oeuvres from La Tasca at its Amazonia exhibit.

202-633-3067 Tickets: $35

The Nutcracker Wednesday-Friday, Dec. 7-9 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 10-11 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts 2700 F St., NW Metro: Foggy Bottom-GWU (Blue and Orange lines) 202-467-4600 Tickets: $47-$112

Now through Sunday, Dec. 11

The 16th Anniversary Washington Jewish Film Festival: An Exhibition of International Cinema

The 2005 Washington D.C. Jewish Festival is proud to present a 10-day festival of 37 features, documentaries and shorts from 14 countries. The films will be shown in six different venues; for places, times and a list and description of the films being played, please visit www.wjff.org. For tickets, 800-494-8497 or www.boxofficetickets.com.

Tickets: $20, Opening Night Film & Reception $10 evenings & weekends $6 weekdays (before 6 p.m.)