Campus calendar

Thursday, Dec. 8

Wish Eye New Through Dec. 10, 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center

Studio Theatre. Written by Caleen Sinnette Jennings and directed by Tim Reagan, this family show follows three college students who journey back in time to relive childhood fun with toys, family trips and favorite relatives. Audience members sing, clap and use their own "wish eyes" to make magic happen. General admission tickets are $16, student admission is $5 and admission for the AU community and seniors is $9.

Contact the Department of Performing Arts at 885-3420.

Farewell Reception for Pat Wand 3:30-5:30 p.m., University Club.

The AU community is invited to join Interim Provost Ivy Broder at a farewell reception honoring Pat Wand, university librarian, who will be leaving AU at the end of the year to become dean of libraries at Zayed University in Dubai.

Contact the Office of the Provost at 885-2127.

Friday, Dec. 9

"Sister Dorothy Stang, Sustainable Development and the Brazilian Amazon" 6 p.m., Mary Graydon Center, room 200.

Hosted by the International Development Program Student Association, this event will feature a presentation by Professor Miguel Carter's Micropolitics of Development class.

Contact Jocelyn Farrington at nyalawey@yahoo.com.

Through Dec. 10

AU Jazz Ensemble Concert 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center, Recital Hall.

Under the direction of William Smith, the AU Jazz Ensemble will present an evening of Duke Ellington's jazz in collaboration with the Duke Ellington School for the Arts. General admission tickets are $16; student admission is $5; and admission for the AU community and senior citizen is $9.

Saturday, Dec. 10

Men's Basketball vs. Towson 1:30 p.m., Bender Arena. Women's Basketball vs. Penn 4 p.m., Bender Arena. Contact athletics at 885-3000.

Sunday, Dec. 11

Dance Informal Showing 5 p.m., Greenberg Theatre.

Enjoy informal performances from the dance program's dynamic classes. Contact the Department of Performing Arts at 885-3420.