Campus calendar

Thursday, Nov. 3

"The Ten Commandments: Criminal Law in Judaism" Noon-1:20 p.m., WCL, room 526. Rabbi Yosef Edelstein will lecture as part of WCL's Jewish Law Over Lunch series. Contact Jackie Ochs at 301-455-5237.

"Women's Activism Against Militarism and War Culture" 3 p.m., SIS Lounge. Diana Dolev, who has engaged Israeli university and high school students in peace education and the "civil-ization" of Israeli society, will speak. The event is sponsored by the Women's and Gender Studies Program. Contact Gay Young at 885-2254.

Friday, Nov. 4

"The Magic of Mozart: An Evening of Chamber Music with Solo Piano" 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center, Recital Hall. AU musicians-in-residence and DPA faculty present works by Mozart. General admission tickets are $16, student admission is $5 and admission for the AU community and seniors is $9. Contact DPA at 885-3420.

Saturday, Nov. 5

"Art Inspired by Art" Through Nov. 6 8 p.m., Katzen Arts Center, Recital Hall. Under the direction of Daniel Abraham, the AU Chamber Singers will present several new works inspired by creative works in the visual arts, literature, dance and theatre. General admission tickets are $16, student admission is $5 and admission for the AU community and seniors is $9. Contact DPA at 885-3420.

Monday, Nov. 7

An Adoption Journey: A Sociology of the Family 9:55-11:10 a.m., Kay Spiritual Center, Join Professor Andrea Brenner's Sociology of the Family class for a panel focusing on the many faces of adoption. Hear the voices of an adult adoptee, a birth mother, an adoptive parent, a social worker and an adoption agency administrator who will share their stories and roles in the adoption circle. No RSVP is necessary. Due to privacy issues, no audio or videotaping of this panel will be permitted. For more information, e-mail Cara Markowitz at curlygurl114@aol.com.

"The Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina: Wresting New Orleans from Disaster" 7 p.m., Kay Spiritual Life Center. SPA professor David Rosenbloom will moderate a discussion featuring Craig Colten, professor of geography and anthropology at Louisiana State University; Beryl Radin, SPA scholar-in-residence; Jocelyn Johnston, professor, Department of Public Administration and Policy, SPA and Jessica Lemos, MPP student, and graduate of Tulane University. A reception will follow in the Kay Lounge. Contact Jackie Corbett at 885-2937.

Tuesday, Nov. 8

WCL Dean's Diversity Council Speaker Series 12:30-2 p.m., WCL student lounge. Professor Cynthia Jones '89 will speak on wrongful convictions, with particular emphasis on the deficiencies in newly-enacted innocence protection laws. Lunch is provided; RSVP required. Contact Sherry Weaver at 274-4032.