Campus calendar

Thursday, Oct. 20

Training Opportunity: Preventing Harassment, Promoting Respect 10 a.m.-noon, location TBD.

Mandatory for all full-time staff members and must be completed within the first six months of employment. Registration required; contact Katie Boggs at boggs@american.edu.

Table Talk Lunch Series Noon, Kay Spiritual Life Center.

"Domestic Violence: Causes and Costs." Free to students; a donation of $5 from faculty and staff is requested. Reservations required. Contact 885-3320.

Seeds of Peace Movie Night and Panel Discussion: A Frontline Peacebuilding Organization 6:30 p.m., Ward 1 Auditorium

Come see the critically acclaimed documentary "Seeds" followed by a panel discussion with past Seeds participants. Former

Jerusalem Program Director Ned Lazarus and Executive Vice President Bobbie Gottschalk will also be on hand. Sponsored by the Society for Peace and Conflict Resolution, the Peacebuilding and Development Institute, AU Students for Israel, and AU Students for Justice in Palestine. Contact Bryan Sheckman at brylibran@yahoo.com or 781-248-4935.

Friday, Oct. 21

Into the Woods Through 22 Oct., 8 p.m., Greenberg Theatre.

General admission tickets are $16; student admission is $5 and admission for the AU community and seniors is $9. Contact x2587.

Saturday, Oct. 22

Punt, Pass, and Kick Contest 10 a.m.-noon, Jacobs Recreation Complex.

Check out the new complex and compete to win an intramural championship T-shirt. Contact Vanessa Yost at x5900.

A Gospel Extravaganza 5 p.m., Kay Spiritual Life Center.

The AU gospel choir will perform. Contact Tiffany Sanchez at x3371.

Monday, Oct. 24

"Differing Perspectives on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights" Noon-2 p.m., WCL room 603.

Richard Goldstone, former justice on the Constitutional Court of South Africa, and Aryeh Neier, president of the Open Society Institute, will debate the implications of recognizing economic, social, and cultural rights as legal rights. Free to WCL faculty, students, and staff; $10 for all others. Registration required. Contact Anca Pusca at 274-4180.

Freedom from Persecution: Asylum and Sexual Orientation 6:30 p.m., Butler Board Room.

'Panel includes people granted asylum for sexual orientation and an immigration lawyer. Contact the GLBTA Resource Center at x3347.