Quick bites

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries 1335 Wisconsin Ave, NW (202) 337-0400 or www.fiveguys.com Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. Take any 30 bus heading toward Georgetown from Tenleytown. A

Five Guys is the kind of place to lead your friends to when no one can agree on where to eat. When this or that resturant is too expensive, boring or slow, its simple, delicious menu is the cure for any omnivorous or carnivorous culinary emergency.

Voted "Best Burgers" in 2004 on Washingtonpost.com, Five Guys serves up hamburgers, cheeseburgers, bacon burgers and bacon cheeseburgers like ... well, it's their job. These are the caliber of burgers that make people forget, or at least not mind, mad cow disease. Another facet to Five Guy's hamburger gloriousness is that they offer 15 different free toppings. The menu also features spectacular Cajun, or Five-Guys-style, freshly-cut french-fries, and even the "small" size is so much potato they serve it in a bag. Their burgers are all also available in "little" version, although the "little" version is as big if not bigger than an average D.C.-area burger. In addition to great burgers and fries, the atmosphere is eerily welcoming and, unlike traditional Georgetown shoppes, cheap. Buckets of free peanuts and a friendly staff greet customers who wander in off the streets, or trek across town for their favorite burger and a beer.