Police Blotter

Friday, April 8

A student filed an informational complaint with Public Safety about fraternity incidents on campus.

An employee lost his keys in the Mary Graydon Center. The keys have not yet been recovered.

Graffiti was found in a lower level of Anderson Hall.

Saturday, April 9

A male student who was previously barred from campus was found intoxicated in the Mary Graydon Center.

Staff members from Bender Library reported suspicious students carrying university-owned chairs from the library to the south residence halls.

A female student's bag was stolen from a local bar. The Metropolitan Police Department contacted the student to help her locate the missing bag.

A shuttle bus collided with a commuter vehicle at the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Abermarle Street. Minor damage and no injuries were reported.

Two students left Bender Library without checking out books. When officers arrived they were unable to locate the students.

A shuttle bus scraped against a street sign on Albemarle Street. No injuries were reported.

A shuttle bus swerved to avoid an oncoming vehicle at an off-campus location. No injuries or damage was reported.

An unknown individual pulled the manual pull station in the Mary Graydon Center. No smoke or fire was found.

A female student's cell phone was reported missing from a McDowell Hall study area.

Sunday, April 10

A female student who had become intoxicated off campus received a cab ride back to AU. Upon arrival at campus, the cab driver was unable to wake the student. She was transported to Sibley Hospital.

A female student in Letts Hall reported that her roommate had taken some medication and was acting strangely. When officers arrived, the student refused medical attention.

A hospital transport was needed from Federal Hall.

Monday, April 11

A fire alarm was activated in an elevator shaft of McDowell Hall. Smoke was discovered due to a problem with elevator machinery. The elevator was shut down and the alarms were reset.

A student who was throwing up in her Capital Hall room was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Tuesday, April 12

Graffiti was discovered on the side of the Beeghly Chemistry Building. - KATE OCZYPOK