Monday, June 17, 2024

Campus Calendar

Wednesday, April 6

Visiting Writers Series: Leila Aboulela 8 p.m., Butler Boardroom Sudanese author Aboulela wrote "The Translator" and "The Museum," for which she won the prestigious Caine Award for African Writing in 2000.

"Singled Out" hosted by RHA 8 p.m., Tavern The Resident Hall Association presents the AU version of the classic T.V. game show.

Thursday, April 7

Chevy Cobalt Graduation Party 12-3 p.m., the Quad Celebration includes free food, drinks, music, games and giveaways.

Friday, April 8

Silence: A Medieval Adventure in Story and Song 11:30 a.m., Kay Spiritual Life Center Storyteller Delores Hydock performs a 21st century adaptation of the 13th century story "Roman de Silence," about medieval warrior women.

Reel Journalism Film Festival: "The Insider" 7 p.m., Greenberg Theatre The movie chronicles the story of Jeffrey Wigand, the former tobacco industry executive who blew the whistle on the industry's health safety issues in a landmark "60 Minutes" interview. Following the film, Wigand will take part in a question-and-answer session. Saturday, April 9

AU Symphony Orchestra 8 p.m., Kay Spiritual Life Center Cost: $8 AU community and senior citizens, $15 general admission.

Reel Journalism Film Festival: "His Girl Friday," "Veronica Guerin," "Citizen Kane," "We Were Soldiers," "Breakfast with Hunter" 2 p.m., Greenberg and Wechsler Theatres Discussions and question-and-answer sessions follow each film. Cost: $4.50 to $10.

Sunday, April 10

Reel Journalism Film Festival: "Salvador," "Almost Famous," "Network," "The World is Watching," "The World Stopped Watching" 2 p.m., Greenberg Theatre and Wechsler Theatre Discussions and question-and-answer sessions follow each film. Cost: $4.50 to $10.

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.