Students take advantage of warm temperatures

On one of the first sunny days this season, many students flocked to the Quad to chat, play Frisbee and procrastinate outside.

Students said the warm weather brings brighter spirits and a sense of community to the Quad.

"It just makes everyone so much happier and a little less likely to do their work," said Michelle Cooper, a junior in the College of Arts and Sciences.

Lucy Chadis, a CAS senior, said the beautiful weather should attract the prospective students who have been touring campus.

"I feel like people who were on tours would definitely want to go here," she said.

Amanda Lamb, a sophomore in the School of Public Affairs and the School of Communication, agreed that the warm weather would give visiting students a good impression of the school.

"My friend and I were out on the Quad today. ... We were talking about the AU Ambassadors program and how the students [on tour] would get a different perspective of the school" on a sunny day, she said.

Chris Hossellman, a freshman in SPA, said students playing sports on the Quad gave AU a more collegiate atmosphere.

"There were kids playing Frisbee, and that's a college-y thing for me," he said.

Jon Bress, a freshman in CAS who said he might play Frisbee on the Quad soon, said the weather provided an opportunity for the campus to be more social.

"It creates a better community feel for the school and allows people to see each other," he said.

According to weather.com, the forecast for the rest of the week includes rain this weekend with sunny skies throughout next week. Temperatures are expected to be in the mid- to upper 60s.