City Calendar: March 3-6

All events are free unless noted.

Thursday, March 3

Film: "The Franklin Abraham" 7:30 p.m., Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Seventh Street and Independence Avenue SW Video artist Jonah Freeman's film is about an imaginary building that is a 1.5 miles wide, two miles long, and houses two million people. Forty actors play the inhabitants that move throughout it. Freeman introduces and discusses his critically acclaimed project. Call (202) 633-4674 for more information.

Film: "La Pointe Courte" 7 p.m., National Museum of Women in the Arts, 1250 New York Ave. NW Agnes Varda's debut feature film, interweaves two parallel stories: a married couple struggling to save their relationship, and fishermen combating poverty and officialdom. Admission costs $5 and $6. See www.nmwa.org for more information.

Food: "Gourmet Cooking in the Real World" 6:30 p.m., South Dillon Ripley Center, 1100 Jefferson Drive SW The Smithsonian holds a panel discussion with Gourmet magazine executive food editor Zanne Stewart, cookbook author Nina Simonds, and Washington Post food writer Candy Sagon. Admission costs $20. Call (202) 357-3030 for more information.

Friday, March 4

Music: Clem Snide 9:30 p.m., Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW Archer Prewitt and Marbles open for the alt-country quartet. Admission costs $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show. See www.blackcatdc.com for more information.

Theater: "You Never Can Tell" 8 p.m., Washington Stage Guild, 1901 14th St. NW The Stage Guild puts on George Bernard Shaw's classic tale of a social pioneer who finds that her ideas are old-fashioned. Admission costs $30. See www.stageguild.com for more information.

Saturday, March 5

Dance: Sharon Mansur and Mansurdance 8 p.m., Dance Place, 3225 Eighth St. NE The troupe performs modern dance pieces, some reflecting Mansur's Lebanese heritage. Admission costs $6 to $18. Call (202) 269-1600 for more information.

Sunday, March 6

Exhibit: "Tools of the Imagination" 11 a.m.-5 p.m., National Building Museum, 401 F St. NW The exhibit opens today and runs through Oct. 10, displaying the tools that architects use to design our world. Call (202) 272-2448 for more information.

City Calendar runs every Thursday. Campus Calendar runs every Monday. To submit notice of an event e-mail Campus@TheEagleOnline.com.