Police Blotter

Wednesday, Feb. 23

Theft was reported in Anderson Hall. A vendor was bringing in a candy cart, and an unknown individual who was believed to be a student grabbed a case of candy and ran away into the building.

A vehicle accident was reported off campus. On Ward Circle, the back of a student's car hit an AU shuttle. The student was attempting to make a right-hand turn from the left lane. The Metropolitan Police Department issued a citation to the student for making an inappropriate turn.

Thursday, Feb. 24

A female student reported disturbance of the peace in the second floor of Anderson Hall. She saw a male masturbating in a laundry room that was across from her room. When officers searched Letts, Anderson and Centennial Halls, they were unable to locate the male student. The front desk staff of the residence halls were made aware of his description. The suspect has not been found.

Defacing property was reported in Bender Library. A picture drawn in pencil of male genitalia was found on a wall. Aramark was called to clean the graffiti.

A vehicle accident was reported at the Asbury roadway. An AU shuttle was making a turn from the Anderson roadway to the Asbury roadway. The rear of the shuttle hit another person's vehicle. The other individual was presumed to be a visitor on campus.

Defacing property was reported at the Ward Circle building. Stenciled drawing of birds, the comedy-tragedy masks and other designs were reported. Physical Plant was called to clean the graffiti.

Friday, Feb. 25

Defacing property was reported outside of the Butler Instructional Center. Blue spray paint through stencil was drawn on the outside walls.

- KATE OCZYPOK