Police Blotter

Friday, Feb. 11

A female student was stuck in an elevator in Anderson Hall for 24 minutes until the D.C. Fire Department freed her.

Saturday, Feb. 12

A hospital transport was needed from outside Leonard Hall. An individual fell and lost consciousness. When officers arrived, the individual had begun to regain consciousness but was disoriented. Alcohol was involved. The individual was transported to Sibley Hospital.

A female TDR employee reported in Mary Graydon Center that her ex-boyfriend made threats to kidnap and injure her. A citizen complaint was issued, and the Metropolitan Police Department was involved.

A male student required a hospital transport from the basketball court after he fell and dislocated his shoulder. He was transported to Sibley Hospital.

Defacing property was reported in the McKinley Building. Aramark was called to remove the word "Phya" from a wall of the building.

Sunday, Feb. 13

An informational incident was reported in Letts Hall. A male student reported that a female student had entered his room, crawled into his bed and fell asleep. No drug or alcohol use was said to be involved.

Monday, Feb. 14

A suspicious person was reported in Bender Library. Due to the number of recent graffiti incidents in the library, Public Safety officials examined video from cameras in the elevators. On Feb. 10, Public Safety produced a photo of the individual. The individual entered Bender Library on Feb. 14 and library staff recognized him from the photo. Public Safety was called and the man gave them false information. The male, who is in his 60s, is not affiliated with AU. He has been barred from campus property.

A female student reported a sex offense off campus. On Feb. 8 she attended a party off campus. When she woke up, she was in another location with an individual. It is believed that the two had sex, and the female doesn't recall giving consent. The incident has been referred to the Montgomery County Police because it happened in its jurisdiction.

A female student reported theft and fraud in McDowell Hall. She left her AU ID in a laundry room and when she returned the next day, the ID was gone and the student's EagleBuck$ had been fraudulently used.

Tuesday, Feb. 15

A male student reported fraud from the tunnel shops. A male student lost his AU ID, and it was later discovered that his EagleBuck$ had been fraudulently used.

A fire alarm was reported in the Ward Circle building. A steam pipe in a mechanical room malfunctioned.