Campus Calendar

Monday, Feb. 28

Vote for Student Government 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Mary Graydon 120 Choose the student you think will serve you best in Student Government and school councils. Monday is the last day to vote. Show up at MGC 120, the first room near the side entrance, with your AU ID.

RNC Site Visit 11 a.m.-noon, 310 First St. SE Attendees meet at Republican National Committee headquarters to learn more about internships and careers. It is located one block from the Capitol South Metro station. Professional dress recommended. Contact Chris Hughes at hughes@american.edu for details.

Making Connections in D.C. 5-6 p.m., Battelle-Tompkins Atrium Hear Ted Ringelheim of the AU Alumni Association speak about connections in the D.C. area. E-mail questions to casugc@american.edu or call (202) 246-9012.

Book Signing 7-8:30 p.m., Battelle-Tompkins Atrium Lisa Farrington, author of "Creating Their Own Image: A History of African-American Women Artists," will discuss and sign copies of her new book. Contact Catherine Stratton at stratton@american.edu for details.

Tuesday, March 1

Registration Deadline: PR Conference Register for "PR in D.C.: It's Not Just Politics," held April 1-2 at AU. The conference is open to all students, and includes a networking reception, a public relations workshop series and a keynote banquet. Register at www.auprssa.org/regionalactivity. E-mail Melissa Tanguay at regionalactivity@auprssa.org for details.

Women and Politics Lunch 1-2 p.m., Ward 300. The Women and Politics Institute Brown Bag Lunch Series delves into international and domestic women's issues. On Tuesday its faculty fellow, Medha Nanivadekar, will speak. Contact Beth Degi at x2903 for details.

Sunday Talk: Monday Headlines 7-9 p.m., Mary Graydon Room 1 Betsy Fisher, AU alumna and executive producer of NBC's "Meet the Press," will talk about the role of Sunday news talk shows. This is part of the SOC Alumni Speaker Series. Tickets cost $25-$35, and reservations are required. Contact Christi Boyes at x3073 for details.

"Garden State" 9:30 p.m., Mary Graydon 200 (Gianni Lounge) The Monthly Movie with the Methodists features Zach Braff's summer hit.

Wednesday, March 2

U.S. Mining in South America 12:30-2 p.m., Kay Spiritual Center Sandra Cuffe of Rights Action, a development and human rights organization, will give a presentation, "Development for Whom? A Report on Canadian and U.S. Mining Companies in Guatemala and Honduras," about the impact of global mining activities. Contact Sheila Hong at sheila.hong@american.edu for more information.

Annual Poetry Slam 12:45-2 p.m., Kay Spiritual Life Center This event, sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences and Department of Literature, features the poetic performances of students from the Charles Hart Middle School and Joel Dias-Porter, Derrick Brown, Niamh Corcoran, Melanie Rivera, and calibration poet Cornelius Eady, and is emceed by Nicki Miller. Contact Betty Bennett at x1885 or bbennet@american.edu for details.

Mission Improv-Able Auditions 9 p.m., ATV, Mary Graydon 256 Try out for AU's improv troupe, still going after 12 years. Can't make it? E-mail finest83@gmail.com.

Rally for Relay 10 p.m., Tavern A student a cappella concert to fight cancer.

Thursday, March 3

Smallpox and Bioterrorism 5-6:30 p.m., Clark Hall, IR Suite Jonathan Tucker, senior research fellow at the Center for Nonproliferation Studies of the Monterey Institute of International Studies, will speak on "Keeping the Pox in a Box." Contact Leah Harris at x1843 for details.

Iranian Women's Rights 6 p.m., Butler Board Room Two documentaries on Iranian prostitutes will be presented by Iranian filmmaker Moslem Mansouri. Contact Zen Hunter-Ishikawa at x2600 for details.

2005 Graduate Dance Festival 7:30 and 8:30 p.m., through March 5, Tenley Chapel Dance Studio Features the graduate choreographic works of Brianne Barrow and Letitia Hays. Contact Michael Murawski at x3422 for details.

The Campus Calendar runs every Monday. To submit notice of an event e-mail Campus@TheEagleOnline.com.