City Calendar

The City Calendar is published every Thursday. The Campus Calendar is published every Monday. To post an event or to become the new Calendar Editor e-mail Editor@TheEagleOnline.com.

All events free unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, Jan. 20

"Francois Bucher: Television (an address)" 7-8 p.m., Fusebox Art Gallery, 1412 14th St. NW An exhibit by the contemporary French-Columbian artist Francois Bucher includes a live video feed of controversial former Columbian President Ernesto Samper, speaking extemporaneously from Bogota. Bucher's exhibit, besides the live video feed, ends Feb. 19. See www.fuseboxdc.org for details.

Friday, Jan. 21

"Hotline Post-Inaugural Comedy Show" with Fox News' Tony Snow 8 p.m., Warner Theatre, 513 13th St. NW Includes performances by Representatives Brad Sherman and Marsha Blackburn, Time magazine's Matt Cooper, USA Today's Walter Shapiro, the Nation's David Corn, Wonkette, the Hill's Al Eisele, Americans for Tax Reform's Grover Norquist, Americans United's Barry Lynn and comedians Will Durst, Jim Morris, Bob Somerby and A. Whitney Brown. Tickets cost $20 to $40. Call (202) 397-7328 for more information.

Saturday, Jan. 22

"What Handwriting Tells" Handwriting Analysis Workshop 1-3 p.m., National Postal Museum, 2 Massachusetts Ave. NE Celebrate National Handwriting Day by learning graphology, the art of analyzing handwriting to determine what it reveals about personality. Reservations required. See www.postalmuseum.si.edu for details.

Sunday, Jan. 23

Swing Dancing Lessons 6 p.m., John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. NW Learn how to swing dance with the Count Basie Orchestra, winner of more Grammy awards than any other Big Band in history. See www.kennedy-center.org for details.

Monday, Jan. 24

Author Andr? Aciman Presents His Work 7:30 p.m., Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th St. NW Aciman will read from and discuss his writing. He is the author of "Out of Egypt" and "False Papers," and his work has appeared in The New Yorker, The New York Review of Books, and Best American Essays. Call (202) 518-9400 for more information.

Thursday, Jan. 27

"Science Through Film" Exhibit 7-9 p.m., The National Academies of Science, 500 5th St. Award-winning producer David Clark will show images from his productions for the Discovery Channel, National Geographic and IMAX films and discuss how he captured them through the use of sophisticated technology. Tickets cost $7 for adults or $5 for seniors, students and members of the military. Call (202) 334-1201 for more information.

All Month

"Vote: The Machinery of Democracy" Exhibit The National Museum of American History, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue NW The exhibit chronicles the evolution of voting from wooden 19th-century ballot boxes to the infamous butterfly ballots. See www.americanhistory.si.edu for details.

"Comedy, Music, Bribery and Conspiracy" Comedy Show 8 p.m., Ford's Theatre, 511 10th St. NW With piano and political wit, comedian Mark Russell's satire offers something for Republicans, Democrats and Independents alike. Show runs at 8 p.m. through Jan. 21, at 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Jan. 22, and at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 23. See www.fordstheatre.org for details.

-compiled by Mary Specht