Campus Police Blotter

Saturday, Jan. 8

At 11:08 a.m., Marketplace staff reported that someone had forced the doors of a Coke refrigerator open, but noticed nothing was missing. Coca Cola Co. was notified to repair the refrigerator.

Sunday, Jan. 9

At 10:27 p.m. a Public Safety officer was patrolling the Nebraska Lot when he noticed that a window on a car had been broken. No owner has come forward.

A student reported theft in Centennial Hall at 10:42 p.m., after returning from winter break. Checkbooks were missing from the student's dorm room.

Monday, Jan. 10

A student required a hospital transport to Sibley Hospital at 1:40 p.m. from Mary Graydon Center when the student passed out in the bookstore after feeling dizzy.

A student required a hospital transport from Hurst Hall at 3:28 p.m. after injuring his head on the ceiling while using the stairway. He was escorted by Public Safety to Sibley Hospital.

A female student reported at 10:49 p.m. that a man sat down next to her in the library and began touching himself, which made her uncomfortable. She moved to a different part of the library, but the man followed her. She then reported the man to library staff, who called Public Safety. Public Safety responded and identified the man as a non-AU affiliated person. The Metropolitan Police Department was notified to do a warrant check on the man, which yielded no information. The man was then escorted off campus.

A male student reported theft from Anderson Hall at 9:17 p.m. after he noticed his cufflinks and tie tack were missing from his room.

Tuesday, Jan. 11

At 12:10 a.m., two Public Safety officers heard fireworks going off and then saw two students on the roof of Mary Graydon Center setting them off. The two officers stopped the students in a Mary Graydon Center stairway and the students denied setting off the fireworks. However, some ash was in one student's hair. The officers inspected the roof and found no further evidence.

A Public Safety officer noticed two students walking toward Reeves Field and going behind the bleachers at 12:57 a.m. The officer followed them and found they were smoking marijuana. The students denied it until the officer noticed a bag of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, at which point one student admitted owning the bag.