Campus Briefs: Greeks' party to fundraise for tsunami

Three AU students will host a party to benefit the victims of last month's tsunami. The "Do Your Part" Party, created by Robyn Wilkov, Jaclyn Mason and Simon Guindi, will take place on Feb. 3 at the Home nightclub on F Street.

"As a college student, I desired to make a significant contribution to the relief efforts," Wilkov said.

Donations will be $15 minimum at the door with a college I.D. and $20 minimum without. "Do Your Part" has chosen UNICEF as its charity to aid tsunami victims.

The event is sponsored by various D.C. public relations firms as well as the Wink Boutique, located downtown.

AU, George Washington University, Georgetown University, George Mason, Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland will all participate in the event.

According to Wilkov, there will be $10 raffle tickets sold at the door as well as drink specials for those 21 and over.

"Basically the party is to show people what D.C. college students do best," Wilkov said.

Students are encouraged to look for the "Do Your Part" shirts, which committee members will be wearing around campus up until the event, Wilkov said.