Police Blotter

Wednesday, Nov. 17

A male student reported that the tires of his vehicle were slashed in the Centennial parking garage.

A staff member reported a theft in Hurst Hall. A new ink cartridge in a printer was replaced with an old one.

A medical transport was required from Capital Hall to Sibley Hospital.

Thursday, Nov. 18

A staff member reported graffiti in a stairwell in the library. The graffiti was an etching of a naked female torso. The etching was removed.

A female student reported that all the tires on her vehicle were slashed in the McDowell parking lot. She has identified a suspect.

A female student called Public Safety to report a male's suicide attempt. When Public Safety arrived, the male was unconscious. He refused medical assistance and was barred from Anderson Hall with the cooperation of the female student.

Friday, Nov. 19

A false fire alarm was reported in Letts Hall. The alarm was pulled on the fifth floor. No smoke or fire was present, and the system was reset.

Public Safety found two males placing an open container of alcohol in a paper bag and attempting to place it in a vehicle. The individuals were identified and charged with an alcohol violation.

Public Safety received an informational report of a male student's death in an off-campus location. The student was found unconscious and transferred to the Medical Examiner. There was no cause of death available at the time, but it was not a crime of violence. The case was assigned for investigation to the Natural Causes detective squad.

The Police Blotter is compiled from the daily crime log issued by the Department of Public Safety and additional information from Sgt. Gary Folckemer.