Police Blotter

Friday Sept. 17 A damaged lounge chair of unknown origin was found abandoned in an elevator in Congressional Hall.

Saturday Sept. 18 A hospital transport was needed from McDowell Hall. A female student suffering respiratory difficulties was taken to Sibley Hospital.

Disorderly conduct was reported in the general area of the main Quad. A Public Safety officer reported two male students attempting to deface some of the panda statues. The two were stopped and identified, and the statues sustained no damage.

A drug violation was reported in Anderson Hall. Students were found in possession of a suspicious substance which tested positive as marijuana.

A female staff member reported her car missing from the Asbury Parking Lot. She also reported her keys missing. The act is suspected to be a crime of opportunity.

Vandalism was reported in Anderson Hall. Graffiti was found on a door.

Damage to a car in the Nebraska Parking Lot was reported. The car sustained damage to its rear window. This act is suspected to have taken place earlier, around the same time a Zipcar was damaged. The crimes are suspected to be related. It was discovered by the male student owner, who returned to the University after being away for a few days.

Sunday Sept. 19 Vandalism was reported in Letts Hall. Graffiti found in an elevator was reported to Public Safety.

A theft was reported in the men's locker room of the Sports Center. Cash was stolen from a student's male guest. His personal belongings had been stored in an unsecured locker.

An individual was barred from campus for unauthorized soliciting. The person was soliciting for an auto body work business, and was stopped and barred while in the Public Safety parking lot.

A fire alarm was activated in Letts Hall. Someone left a cooking pot unattended in one of the fourth-floor lounges.

Monday Sept. 20 Damage to a panda statue was reported to Public Safety. Part of a panda statue was reported as being detached from the rest of the statue. The damage was actually sustained in transit to the University. The artist will repair the statue after the exhibition is complete.

Tuesday Sept. 21 Suspicious activity was reported in Nebraska Hall after an unlit candle was slid under a door.

A stuck elevator was reported in the Mary Graydon Center. A TDR employee became trapped when a freight elevator became stuck. The employee was freed approximately 20 minutes later with no injuries.

There was a report of missing property in Anderson Hall. The report was made to Public Safety on Sept. 21., but the incident occurred between May 14 and 15. A former AU student left campus on May 14, and upon returning on May 15 found that several rings were missing from her room.

A suspected drug violation was reported in Leonard Hall. An unknown substance was confiscated from students but later tested negative for illegal materials.