Police Blotter

Friday, Sept. 10

A fire alarm was reported in the Beeghly Chemistry Building. The alarm was reportedly set off by sand dust produced from a workman sanding the ceiling.

A stuck elevator was reported from inside the Mary Graydon Center. The door was found open when assistance arrived.

A stuck elevator was reported in Anderson Hall. Public Safety responded but the elevator was found open and empty.

Another stuck elevator was reported in the Mary Graydon Center. The D.C. Fire Department freed two staff members from a freight elevator after 20 minutes of entrapment. No injuries were reported.

A theft was reported inside the men's locker room of the Sports' Facility. The theft reportedly took place on Aug. 23 but was reported to Public Safety on Sept. 10. A laptop computer and a debit card were taken from a male student's backpack.

Saturday, Sept. 11

A male student was stopped and cited for reckless driving in the tunnel after running stop signs.

A female student was reported ill in Anderson Hall. Medics arrived and determined the student did not require medical transport. A hospital transport was needed from Anderson Hall. A female student was found unconscious and was transported to Suburban hospital.

A stuck elevator was reported in Anderson Hall second floor. Two male students were freed after 20 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Vandalism was reported in Anderson Hall. A female student reported graffiti on her door's message board.

Vandalism was reported in Kay Spiritual Center. Two items in the Muslim worship area were damaged. A picture of a mosque was broken and a Koran was torn.

A fire alarm was reported on the fifth floor of Letts Hall. The alarm was caused by smoke from burnt food.

Sunday, Sept. 12

A fire alarm went off in the tunnel. The alarm was caused by a malfunction in the sprinkler system. One of the fire alarm sprinklers had a leak.

A fire alarm went off in Anderson Hall. A heat detector on the 2nd floor was triggered but when officers arrived they found no evidence of fire or smoke.

A burglary was reported in Letts Hall. Two female students returned from being off campus for a few days to find their room had been accessed. Furniture had been moved around and computers used but no property was missing.

Medical assistance was needed from Letts Hall. A female student suffered a foot injury. She was walking outside and stepped on a piece of glass. First aid was administered and a cab voucher was issued for transport to Sibley hospital.

Monday, Sept. 13

No reported events.

Tuesday, Sept. 14

Damage to a vehicle was reported outside of the Asbury building. A staff member reported that a university truck had been damaged. The driver's side window was broken. The cause is unknown.

An assault off campus involving an AU staff member was reported to campus safety for information purposes.

A theft was reported in the Ward Circle Building. A male student left a textbook unattended and when he returned it was missing.

Wednesday, Sept. 15

A hospital transport was needed from Letts Hall. A male staffer sustained an injured right knee. He was sent to Sibley Hospital.

- CAROLINE SOLOMON